Due to the overwhelming number of applications from people who want to work as a volunteer at the festival, we have now closed the opportunity to apply as a volunteer at the Oya festival in 2018. We have received more than 3000 applications and we have now assigned jobs to all the dedicated people who want to help us create the best festival ever.
If you have not submitted an application yet, but have worked as a volunteer for us in the past and have an agreement with one of our group leaders about a job – please contact that group leader to get signed up.
If you have already submitted an application and have not been assign to job yet, send us an email at email@example.com.Below you can read more about what it means to work as a volunteer at the festival.
What does it mean to be a volunteer? What do we expect from you?
We offer a wide range of different volunteer jobs. You do not need to have any prior festival experience, but we hope you have a contagious good mood, whether the sun is shining or it is raining cats and dogs. We expect you to show up on time and contribute to the best of your ability until your work session is over. As a reward, we guarantee you an unforgettable experience, great music, tasty organic food, eternal gratitude and then some.
What kind of jobs can I get?
Here are some tasks you can get as a volunteer:
- Rigging – up or dismantling of fences, tents, etc.
- Security – ensure that everyone is doing well at the festival and not get lost in the festival area.
- Bar – tap and sell beer, soda, snacks and other bar merch to our guests.
- Drivers – drive back and forth to festival area with equipment and people
- Cooking – help to create good organic food for volunteers and artists
- Delta Force – The festival “all in one” force that works everywhere at the festival, where needed, when needed.
- Furniture Group – Assist with the assembly and installation of furniture – prior to and / or after the festival.
- Order Central – Procurement of Equipment in / dispensing equipment from the festival area.
- Popcorn store- Selling popcorn and other snacks.
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that everybody will get exactly the job they want or the days they want to work, but we will do our very best to make sure that happens.
How much do I work?
It varies a bit how much you work according to the job you do. Generally one can say that you work one day and then get one day free admission to the festival. If you work during the festival, you have to work two days to get the other two days off.
PS! Questions? Send us an email